Sunday, January 21, 2007

Only 2 weeks into the semester--already burnt out

I don't know how some people do it. I guess they are really motivated. I have a teacher who is a dean of one of the school's departments, teaches a night class, is working on her doctorate dissertation, and is married with a one-year old and 3-year old. I work full time and go to school full time, only have kids part-time, and am already worn out and don't know how I'll make it til the end of the semester, much less til graduation. I do feel that I lack motivation. I know that is one of my obstacles. I really am ready to finally complete my education and graduate, but I am also aware of how much I am faced with these next 2 years. I often find myself strongly desiring a break. I just keep trying to focus on the end and the rewards that I will experience when I finally am finished with this degree. 2 more years. 2 more years. This is really not that long, but I sure do miss my calm, relaxing life when I got off work and go to go home to do whatever I felt like. Oh, forgot to mention that I also am in the process of moving (Maybe I'm just trying to torture myself). I know this is something that a some of my other classmates are also experiencing. Some pointers would be great if you have them. How do you cope and keep yourself motivated?

2 comments:

John Hadley Strange said...

Other people for whom you are responsible seems to help in the motivation department!

Mary Ann Figgers said...

Hillary,

one thing I can truly say about you is the fact that you are honest about sharing your feelings. Well, I have good news for you. I want you to listen to my presentation tonight and maybe that will encourage you. Just hold on, hang on,or even drag on. Life will get better.

Mary Ann Figgers